Just forget the words and sing along

Monday, July 25, 2011

Soon I will rest. Become one with the Force.

Apparently, I caused some concern among a few people this morning over on Facebook when I posted the montage of Star Wars deleted scenes from the upcoming Blu-Rays along with the comment, "I think I'm just getting burned out on Star Wars."  The concern came from some people thinking I had turned my back on the Trilogy, and its prequels.






Like I said, I haven't fallen out of love with Star Wars.  I'm burnt out.  I'm tired.  I'm exhausted.  Normally, a montage of deleted scenes like that would have me wetting my pants with excitement.  But truly, I couldn't care less.

It seems like every six months or so there's something new coming along to "celebrate the legacy."  I'm just tired of celebrating, ya know?  I mean, there are only so many Boba Fett action figures a guy can buy. 

I no longer quiver in anticipation at every new revelation.  Maybe it's because there are no more new movies on the horizon to get a fellow excited.  Maybe it's because I thought that Clone Wars movie was so freaking bad that it killed the love I had left.  (Although, I have been assured by friends who are still die-hard fans that the series has gotten significantly better as it continues.) 

I'm worn out with trying to keep up, you know?  During the era of the prequels - 1999 thru 2005 - it was a fandom that dominated my life and social circles.  Actually, it probably began around 1997 with the release of the Special Editions. 

So, yeah.  I'm just so bloody tired with Star Wars.  It's not that I've turned my back.  It's not that I've fallen out of love with it.  I'm just downgrading to a casual fan. 

No comments: