Tuesday has arrived, and I am looking forward to a brand new day. I am looking forward to my new favourite time-waster. I have no idea what’s going on with social media these days. Facebook mines all your data. Twitter has become a dumpster fire. I still like Instagram, but almost no one I follow pops up anymore. But I found a new one that I’m enjoying and wasting a lot of time on. It’s actually been around for a while, but it’s just starting to pick up steam. It’s called Letterboxd, and it’s all about sharing movie reviews. You tell them what movie you’re watching and write up a little review of it. I got bored on Sunday afternoon and finally signed up for it, and I’ve just been having fun, looking for my favourite movies and ranking them. So, yeah. If you want to follow me on social media, Letterboxd is another one where you can find me. In the meantime, I’ll be sitting here, telling the world, what I thought of the last Fast and the Furious movie.
Happy first day of fall, everyone! Today is the autumnal equinox, the official first day of fall, when the sun crosses the equator, and day and night are exactly 12 hours long. And I know this because you have been reminding me for the past two weeks. I’ve been talking about autumn weather, the leaves starting to change, and a couple of you folks text in and are like, “Ah ah ah! It’s still technically summer! Stop talking about fall!” OK, then. Since you’ve been giving me a hard time about when fall begins, I want to hear from you today, when does fall truly begin for you? I know today is the official first day of fall. I know lots of folks consider Labour Day the unofficial end of summer, meaning it’s also the start of fall. The weatherman on the TV news said that September 1 is the start of meteorological fall. That’s the first day of fall according to the professional weather forecasters. Maybe you’re one of the folks who think the start of fall is when the coffee shops bring back the pumpkin spice latte! So I want to hear from you today. When does fall truly being for you? Text in and let me know!
And that’s it for me, I’m done for the day. Thanks for hanging out with me on this lovely Tuesday morning. But before I go, I just want to take a moment to wish you all a happy Hobbit Day!
Yeah, Star Wars and Star Trek each have a few national days, so I’m surprised it took me this long to discover that The Lord of the Rings has a day. For those who have read The Lord of the Rings and its prequel, the Hobbit, then you know that today is the birthday of Bilbo Baggins, the main character in the Hobbit, and his nephew Frodo Baggins, who’s the main character in the Lord of the Rings. So Lord of the Rings fans the world over celebrate this day! I don’t know what I’ll do to celebrate. Maybe I’ll finally watch the second season of that Lord of the Rings show on Amazon. I kinda tapped out after season 1. But anyway, Happy Hobbit Day! And whatever day you’re celebrating today, I hope you have a good one.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment