Just forget the words and sing along

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

My Christmas Gift to You: the Ghostbusters Christmas Episode

So, another Christmas is winding down. I guess I'm officially a bacehlor...I got me a George Foreman Grill. Oh, the interesting things you get when you're difficult to shop for...

Anyway, before officially calling Christmas done, I had to share this with you, all six people who read my blog.

One of my most vivid memories of Christmas time TV wasn't a Christmas special, but a Christmas episode of one of my favourite cartoons. I'm talking about the Christmas episode of The Real Ghostbusters.

Here's the story: the Ghostbusters are coming home from a job on Christmas eve, when they drop through a rift in the space/time continuum, and wind up in Victorian London. Their PKE meters go off the charts, and they managed to save an old man from three ghosts. When they back to the future, they discover they've done something horrible. The old man was Ebenezer Scrooge. The three ghosts they captured where the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future. By catching the three ghosts, Scrooge never learned the true meaning of Christmas, and Christmas as we know it no longer exists. So, the solution: Egon builds a special suit, and goes on a dangerous journey into the Ecto Containment Unit to retrieve the three ghosts. Meanwhile, the rest of the Ghostbusters initiate "Plan B," which is return to Victorian London, and try to teach Scrooge the true meaning of Christmas themselves.

So please enjoy The Real Ghostbusters in X-mas Marks the Spot, written by J. Michael Straczynski.

No comments: