Just forget the words and sing along

Monday, May 23, 2011

Ultravox

I've still got no Internet at home...Telus keeps telling me that my street has never, ever been wired for phone service.  But when I plug a phone into the wall, I get a dial tone.  What the h?

I think my next step will be talk to with my landlord...he's always been a do-it-yourselfer, so perhaps he wired in the basement suite wrong.  Maybe that dial tone I keep hearing is a neighbour's signal I'm picking up by accident. 

I should get my mind off it...go see a movie.  For a while now, I'm been seeing ads for the "UltraAVX" things at Cineplex theatres, and I've been wondering what it's about.  So, I've been doing some digging.

Essentially, "UltraAVX" is the Cineplex brand name for the "luxury theatre" concept I've been hearing about.  You've got super-wide, overstuffed recliners for your theatre seats.  It's got reserved seating...that means each seat has a number, and you are assigned a seat.  They say the screen takes up the entire wall, and they boast the most state-of-the-art digital projectors and sound systems. 

Cineplex prices are currently thus:

$12.75 for a regular 2D film.

$15.75 for a 3D film.

$17.75 for UltraAVX

Is it really worth a full $5 more for this experience?  Maybe I'll treat myself to one this summer just to see for sure. 

No comments: