Just forget the words and sing along

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Final Man of Steel Trailer



So here I was, so busy geeking out about the new Star Trek Into Darkness trailer yesterday, that I almost didn't notice Warner Brothers going and slipping the final trailer for their Superman reboot, Man of Steel, online!

Like a lot of members of the DC Nation, I can't help but hope that DC/Warner Brothers will finally get their shit together like Marvel/Disney did and pump out a ton of movies based on their pantheon.  Don't get me wrong, I love Batman.  But where's Wonder Woman?  Where's the Flash?  They tried Green Lantern, but man, that movie just didn't click.

So here's hoping that Man of Steel is where things start turning around.  I've blogged it before and I'll blog it again:  despite its flaws, I kinda like Superman Returns.  I feel it's a movie that needed to be made.  Since the Richard Donner Superman was one of the films that birthed the event picture and is so beloved in the public consciousness, it had to be acknowledged somehow.  It had to be gotten out of our collective system before a reboot could be done.  So reboot away!

I was kind of scratching my head at the last two trailers.  I couldn't quite figure out where they were going with this reboot.  They were playing too much with the iconography of Superman, and not really giving us a taste of what would be happening in this adventure.  But with this trailer, we finally get more a sense of what's going on.





I'm getting goosebumps watching this!  We get an army of evil Kryptonians!  And finally, a Krypton and a Fortress of Solitude that looks different from the crystal structures of the original films!  And he flies around and punches stuff.  That's one of my big complaints about the original films.  Superman doesn't do much...super.  He (quite literally) did nothing but heavy lifting.  I think his is going to be good. 

Man of Steel hits theatres on June 14.

No comments: