Just forget the words and sing along

Friday, June 27, 2003

My first return to West Edmonton Mall after one year! My thoughts on this return:

- GAH! My favourite Burger King has been replaced with a...McDonald's. NOOOOOOOOOO!
- Wow. The RCMP merchandise store is right next to the marijuana "pariphinalia" store. Now THAT'S a thinly disguised sting operation.
- WOO! Comic King has Great Teacher Onikuza! Finally, I can read Vol. 4! (A former teacher left volumes 1-3 in my apartment back in Kumagaya and I got hooked.)
- Oh my God. The upper level of HMV is now all movies.
- Silver City remains the same. Gotta see Hulk and Finding Nemo.
- Music World shrank!
- Yes! There's an Asian supermarket in the mall now! But they don't have melon soda! You win some, you lose some.
- I think another dolphin died.
- Wow. All the books in this bookstore are in english!
- What happened to all the friendly, overtly polite clerks? That's right, they only have those in Japan.

Laptop is now safely in the hands of the Future Shop technicians. 4-5 days, they tell me.

Oh, and following one of my standard quirks, I did swing by Superstore to pick up Pokemon 4 on DVD. That's just a thing, I've bought all those movies at Superstore. The really strange thing is I finally rented it on video before I left Japan, so the original Japanese version is still fresh in my mind. I'm going to get to do a side-by-side comparison!

And no, Mr. Anderson, I haven't seen Hulk yet.

Next issue...Spidey Joins the Defenders!

No comments: