Just forget the words and sing along

Thursday, October 16, 2003

So, I did my first radio show in four years this morning. I forgot how hard it is to just talk and talk between songs. But I think I did it admirably. It'll all come back to me.

And, I had a few extra hours after class today, so I went across the street to HMV and finally bought the 2-disc special edition of Star Trek V: The Final Frontier. I know it's the worst Star Trek movie, but this was kind of a big deal for me. Flash back to 1989. The Next Generation just wrapped its second season and I'm on the cusp of turning 12. I had just discovered Star Trek and I had a voracious appetite for it. I was devouring ANYTHING labeled Star Trek. So, as you can imagine, that summer, Star Trek V was THE big movie for me. And that's saying a lot, seeing as to how 1989 still stands as one of the busiest summers for movies ever. I mean, in order for Star Trek V to be THE big movie it had to beat out: Ghostbusters II, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, UHF, and the movie that dominated that summer, Batman.

So yeah. I was just nuts for Star Trek V all those years ago. And now I have the DVD!

Next Issue...The Final Frontier

No comments: