Just forget the words and sing along

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Before I kick back and write this week's column, I'd like to take a moment to address the employees of Subway.

Now, I know it annoys you every time I ask "What kind of bread do you have?" especially because you have that nice display showing the kinds of bread you have sitting right in front of where I ask this. But there's a very simple explanation as to why I do this.

I used to eat that the Drayton Valley Subway a lot, and there was this stretch when they had some really bad employees. It seemed we'd always have this covnerstation:

Clerk>> And what kind of bread would you like?
Me>> Hmm...I'll try the Parmesian Oregano.
Clerk>> Sorry! We're all out of that kind.
Me>> OK, then I'll have the Italian.
Clerk>> Uhh...we're all out of that, too.
Me>> Well, what kind of bread do you have?
Clerk>> Whole wheat.
Me>> Fine. I'll have that.

So, simply to save time, I started opening all my orders with, "What kind of bread do you have?" I'm sorry it annoys you, but it's best we get this done with up front, right?

next Issue...Next Colulmn

No comments: