Just forget the words and sing along

Monday, February 26, 2007

Morning After...the Oscars

Needless to say, really grumpy this morning.

Because Athabasca is such a hotbed of computer crime (and I mean that in the most sarcastic way possible), my landlord has once again decided to triple the security on the wireless router, once again leaving me without Internet at home. Oh, I can connect to the router OK. For some reason, it won't give me an IP, that magic little number that every computer must have if they're going online. Tekkie had a look at it last night when he was installing everything, and when I woke up this morning, I found that tekkie's temporary fix had expired.

Time to get my own Internet and stop piggybacking off my landlord. Better yet, time to see if I can get into the apartment building across the street from the radio station. I would much rather a 30-second walk to work rather than a 5-minute drive.

Anyway, Oscars last night! And I must once again share my glee that my streak continues! I can still say that I have successfully predicted the Best Animated Film category since the category's inception!

In case you didn't hear, the big winner was Happy Feet. I guess I'm finally going to have to see that one, to see what all the fuss is about.

And as for the Oscars this time next year, needless to say, I really, really hope that The Simpsons Movie gets a nomination.

No comments: