Just forget the words and sing along

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Superman vs. Giant Robots

So, I'm watching an opera DVD right now that I got from the library today. Yes, I know, I'm an opera guy, so why did I get it? Simple. Ever since I got my home theatre system, I'd been wanting a kick-ass concert DVD to crank up. When I was taking a book back to the library the other day, I saw a whole slew of new opera DVDs, and I was like, "Hmm...that'll do the trick." Besides, a little culture never hurt no one.

Anyway, I'm still geeking out over Superman: Doomsday. It's not perfect, but it is pretty good. A lot of it actually takes place in the Fortress of Solitude, and I like that. Everyone's so hung up with sticking with the "crystal fortress" that we see in the live-action movies, and in Superman: Doomsday, we finally get a Fortress that's the most accurate to the the comics.

There's this one scene in the Fortress where there's nothing but giant robots in the background. And, director Bruce Timm proudly points out that Superman fought each and everyone of those giant robots in a previous Superman cartoon.



Ya know, Superman vs. giant robots is something we need to see more of. Hopefully in the next movie. As Timm also points out in his running commentary, when it comes to Superman's rogues gallery, Lex Luthor seems to be the only one that counts to the folks in the mainstream. So, come on! Let's have Lex Luthor unleash a giant robot on Superman.

No comments: