Just forget the words and sing along

Saturday, June 20, 2009

New YouTube Vid: Athabasca University Convocation

I made my latest YouTube video! We just had one of my favourite events in Athabasca, Athabasca University Convocation!

See, Athabasca is home to the main campus of Athabasca University, and every June, thousands of graduates from all over the world descend on this town to have their moment on the stage and accept their degree or diploma.

It's always been one of my favourite Athabasca events mainly because the events staff up the university always puts on one heck of a show.

And I tried to capture that show as much as I could!



A couple of interesting stats I couldn't work into my narration: AU Convocation is a 3-day event. The only day I could make it was day 3, and that's where all this footage comes from. This year, the University was expecting 2200 people to show up. That includes graduates, their family and friends to cheer them on, and various dignitaries. That pretty much doubled the population of the town for those three days.

No comments: