Just forget the words and sing along

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Road to Red Deer

When I was a kid, long road trips seemed to begin with spending an evening making a mix tape, because it would be difficult to bring along all my albums.  Now that technology has advanced "mix tape" seems to have been replaced with "MP3 player playlist."  

A blog I follow just put a posting out, asking for favourite road trip tunes.  I posted what I think is the bestest playlist I've ever devised for my MP3 player.  Since she just shared it on Facebook, I figured I'd make a blog entry about it. 

My original posting follows:

I have devised the greatest playlist ever for my MP3 player. I call it "Road to Red Deer," because I find myself driving down to Red Deer lots for family functions.

The list:

To Boldly Go/End Credits (from Star Trek) - Michael Giacchino

Speed Racer (from Speed Racer) - Michael Giacchino

Go Speed Racer Go (film edit) - Ali Dee and the Deekompressors

Chelsea Dagger - The Fratellis

So What - Pink

If I Never See Your Face Again - Maroon 5 ft. Rhianna

Fratelli Chase (from The Goonies) - Dave Grusin

Can't Buy Me Love - The Beatles

A Hard Day's Night - The Beatles

I'm on a Boat - The Lonely Island

Promiscuous - Nelly Furtado ft. Timbaland

Hot n Cold - Katy Perry

Stay Home - Self

What I've Done - Linkin Park

New Divide - Linkin Park

The Touch - Stan Bush

Who's There - Smash Mouth

Batmobile to the Airport (from Batman [1966 film]) - Nelson Riddle

Theme from Back to the Future - Alan Silvestri

Life is a Highway - Tom Cochrane

(end original posting)

I've since bought new albums, and would love to add to this list, but I'm too afraid of disrupting its awesomeness.  It also just happens to be the exact length from the south side of Edmonton to downtown Red Deer on Highway 2. 

No comments: