Just forget the words and sing along

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

My Johnny Lightening Cars

So, a few months ago, I did a blog entry about the Hot Wheels cars that have found their way into my action figure collection.  That blog entry always felt incomplete to me, as I have a few more die-cast metal cars in my collection, that are in storage with the bulk of my action figure collection back in my parents basement.

When I went home last week for Thanksgiving vacation, I figured it was time to rectify that.  I guess, then, this is Part II of my previous blog entry.  I noticed that both of these are of the Johnny Lightening brand, so it's appropriate then that I call this entry "My Johnny Lightening Cars."



I've always had a soft spot for the VW Beetle.  I'm sure it all goes back to one of my earliest conscious memories of television being Disney's short-lived Herbie the Love Bug TV show.  As such, I've also had a soft spot for the Herbie franchise.  I even took my niece and nephew to see Herbie:  Fully Loaded

Fully loaded...a term that can now also apply to Herbie:  Fully Loaded's star Lindsay Lohan.  Bazinga!



I know on the air I've also mentioned my fondness for the board game Monopoly.  I know I've told the story of the marathon games my brother and I used to play...the kind that start at 2PM on a rainy Saturday afternoon and end at 2AM on Sunday morning when our fighting got Mom out of bed and she ordered us to shut it down. 

I also remember that when the Dodge Viper first came out in the early 1990s, it was a really big deal to all the automobile enthusiasts I was in high school with.  Back in the early 1990s, the Viper was the ultimate sports car.  So when I saw this "Boardwalk Dodge Viper," I figured this would be a neat addition to my collection.

I've often read about gigantic, professional Monopoly tournaments.  I wonder what it would take to organize one of those for Athabasca?  Charge a modest entry fee, raise the money for charity, get the banks involved so we can get real bankers to be the bankers.  I like that idea.

Anywho, that's the rest of of my cars.

No comments: