Just forget the words and sing along

Wednesday, February 06, 2013

The Super Bowl Movie Spots

It's been a few days, and I haven't had a chance to sit and blog about the Super Bowl movie spots.  Not much really caught my eye this year.  According to the news the day after, the most watched one was the one for Oz: The Great and Powerful.  And I'm still scratching my head that they made a sixth Fast and the Furious movie.  But there were a couple that did catch my eye.

One that grabbed my attention, our latest look at the new Star Trek movie, Into Darkness.


We didn't get to see much new in this spot, but I am still interested.  With Benidict Cumberbatch's line, "I'm better than you...at everything," I'm starting to get more convinced that the villain is Khan...or some genetically engineered super soldier.

And yes, I do have the much-ballyhooed app, and I've already scanned it and seen the 2-second longer version.

The other one that caught my eye was for Disney's The Lone Ranger.  At 90 seconds, it was the longest movie spot at the Super Bowl...almost the right length for another trailer.


It's looking good...but still very different from The Lone Ranger that I grew up with.  I still fear that they pumped it full of supernatural BS.  The last time they did that with a perfectly good Western hero was Jonah Hex, and look how that turned out.

It just might be a good summer at the movies.


No comments: