Just forget the words and sing along

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Ah, I'm all depressed right now, as I'm slowly coming to accept a certain truth.

I don't think I'll be getting Batman Begins for Christmas.

I know what you're thinking. "But Mark," you say, "I was down at Future Shop the other day and they've got thwacks of copies!" Well...no. See, being the ultra-fussy guy that I am, I'll accept nothing but the 2-disc deluxe edition.

And, most every place has been sold out of the 2-disc deluxe edition since November. I guess I should have run out and bought it the day it came out, but I was thinking, "No. I'm unemployed. Save your money. If there's one DVD coming out this quarter that deserves 'running out and buying right away,' it's Episode III."

So, while I have Episode III, I don't have Batman Begins, which I actually liked a little bit more. Looks like I'll be rushing and buying it online on Boxing Day. They always have it online.


Speaking of 2-disc deluxe editions, here's one movie I thought would never get its two-disc deluxe edition.

Coming out on January 10 (too late for Christmas) is Good Morning Vietnam: Special Edition. For bonus stuff, there'll be a whole thwack of featurettes, Robin Williams' unedited monologues, and the original teaser and trailer.

No comments: