Just forget the words and sing along

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Mmm...Rosario Dawson

God, I'm exhausted.

It was one of those days where I was just going flat-out. Once I was done my on-air at 10, it was up to Athabasca University to cover day 1 of their convocation. Yup, Canada's biggest correspondence university has a real, honset-to-gosh convocation, in which their students from all over the world fly to Athabasca to finally meet their professors. It was really cool...lots of moms.

And from there, I was whisked off to Athabasca's Performing Arts Centre. Canada's first astronaut, Marc Garneau, stopped in town to give a lecture on space flight. I'll admit, I'm still enough of a science nerd that I would have gone even if I didn't need the news story. It was very, very cool meeting Canada's first astronaut.

The Rosario Dawson Clerks II Poster
And from there, my boss was able to weasel me into the Athabasc University President's fancy dinner party to celebrate convocation. I'll admit, I wouldn't have gone if it weren't for the really, really, really good free meal.

Anything else worth noting? Well, some interesting news on that brand new "Weird Al" Yankovic song that you can go download from the official "Weird Al" Yankovic website. Got the official Weird Al newsletter in my Inbox in which they say, "Go download it now, because it won't be on the new album." Hmm.... I also see from the official Weird Al website that the number of songs on Al's new album has gone down by one. I wonder if this song has something to do with the "record company politics" that Al cited as being the reason why the new album has been delayed. But it's a really funny song...classic Weird Al, so go download it!

And, my happiest news of the day, over at the official Clerks II website, they unveiled the official teaser posters today. And I just love, love, love this one of Rosario Dawson. I think we have a new champion for the title "sexiest movie poster."

No comments: