Just forget the words and sing along

Friday, June 16, 2006

One Last Thing....

I've been having a rough week. It essentially boils down to a blog entry a made a month ago that's come back to bite me on the butt. But, before I officially let it go, I just have one thing to say.

If you ever feel the need to insult me, never say the words, "You always go on and on about how much smarter you are than the rest of us."

I DO NOT go on and on about how smart I am.

I mention I have a physics degree. You say, "Wow. You're smart."

You have a computer problem. I fix it. You say, "Wow. You're smart."

We go to restaurants. I calculate how much the tip is by making some calculations on the back of a napkin. You say, "Wow. You're smart."

Who's going on and on about how smart I am? You are!

I do not flaunt my education. I do not put on airs about my intelligence. I just occasionally do things that any one else on the planet could do and I don't complain about it.

It just pisses me off that the first thing they have to insult is my supposed intelligence, when there are so many better things they can insult me on.

Like the whole "28 years old and never seen a naked woman" thing.

Or the still-living-at-home thing.

Or spending two years working in a grocery store.

So please.

Stop asking me to fix your computer. Cuz I aint that smart.

No comments: