Just forget the words and sing along

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Home again, Home again, jiggity jig

Well, I should have seen this coming.

My landlord told me he was going to be re-doing my bathroom the week I was gone. I return home, and what's going on?

He's just starting.

Oh, well. That's the only pain in the butt that welcomed me home, so let's call that "pretty good."

Anywho, I'm catching up on my DVD news, so let's get to some of the bigger releases that were announced while I was gone.

First and most importantly, the biggest movie of the summer, Transformers hits DVD on October 16. It'll be available in a single-disc, movie-only version, and a 2-disc special edition.

On the 2-disc special edition, you get a running commentary with director Michael Bay, four featurettes under the heading Our World (these ones focus on the making of the film), four featurettes under the heading Their War (these ones focus on the Autobots and Decepticons), a featurette on the special effects, a gallery of concept art, and the trailers.

And here's a second DVD that's worth noting. At long last, coming out on October 30, is a long-awaited, eagerly-anticipated 2-disc special edition of >Help!. For those who don't know, Help! is the second film starring The Beatles.

In addition to the film being newly digitally restored and boasting a brand new 5.1 surround sound mix, you'll get a brand new documentary about the making of the film called The Beatles in Help!, a recently re-discovered cut scene, a featurette about the restoration of the film, a series of featurettes about various cast and crew members reflecting on the film, the original trailers, and the original radio spots.

In addition, Help! will also be available in a special gift set. Along with the 2-disc special edition, you get a re-print of the film's script, 8 lobby cards and the movie poster, a new, 60-page book about the making of the film, and essays about the film written by Help!'s director Richard Lester, and filmmaking legend Martin Scorsese.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I should run out and buy some milk for breakfast, and maybe swing by work and catch up on real news.

No comments: