Just forget the words and sing along

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Learn Some Discipline!

360 freakin' pictures.

How the hell did this happen?

Over my week off, I managed to take almost 360 pictures on my new digital camera. I'm currently fretting about hard drive space and all that and if it's worth taking it down to Wal-Mart and getting them all printed off.

I've blogged about this before, but with digital photography, it's just so darn easy to get carried away. In the old days, with just 24 exposures, you were always aware of how many pictures you had left on the roll, and you'd always go through a little internal debate as to whether something is "photo-worthy."

But with a digital camera, where the amount of pictures you can take is countably infinite, you can just photograph whatever crap you want to.

But yes, it was a great week off. My vacation is practically over. I'm still at my parents place in Entwistle as I write this. Nothing left to do but a nice, leisurly Sunday drive back to Athabasca. I'm already fretting about the week ahead, as I just made the mistake of checking my work e-mail and seeing that I've got a busy week ahead of me. Lots of stuff going on in Athabasca this week.... That's actually a good thing. As I've learned, being a news hound is actually a lot easier when there's a lot going on.

And it's not just pictures! I promised you a podcast live from the Royal Tyrell Museum, and you're going to get it! But first, I have to sift through the half-hour's worth of audio I recorded live on location and edit it into something entertaining. I was hoping to do that all throughout this upcoming week and have it posted for you the week of the 17th, but, as I said, busy busy.

And I had so much fun doing that that I also did a podcast live on location from Jasper National Park. Only 20 minutes of audio to sift through there, but still, that's a lot.

But, until then, here's 10 out of 360. The entire lot will end up in my Facebook account over the next month, I'm sure.

Gateway Park on the south side of Edmonton


T-Rex skeleton at the Royal Tyrell Museum


Triceratops skeleton at the Royal Tyrell Museum


The Alberta Badlands


Drumheller's two dinosaurs


Athabasca Falls


A little game I like to play called "Spot the Tourist."


The glacial melt pond beneath Mount Edith Cavell


Hiking up to the ruins of the original Miette Hot Springs


CN freight train leaving Jasper for the West Coast

No comments: