Just forget the words and sing along

Friday, March 07, 2008

Raunchy News/Data Sings!/What I Do For a Living

I've been thinking about this for a while now, and I think I'm going to do it.

At work, there's a lot of news stories that come down the wire services, and while they are hilarious, I know they're a little too risque for conservative ol' Athabasca.

So, what I think I'm going to do, is whenever one of these news stories comes down the wire, I'm going to post them here at my blog. Cuz really, they're just so funny, they have to be shared.

Like this one that came down today:

Sex toys are getting some respect in Sweden.

The state-owned pharmacy chain (Apoteket) will be stocking
vibrators beginning in June.

Pharmacy officials say the adult novelties will be stocked in 50
select stores for a year-long trial.

A chain spokeswoman says the official pharmacy wants to help
people to have a better sex life -- with or without a partner.

The Swedish Association for Sexuality Education is helping
officials decide which sex toys to stock.


All I can say is: Sweden rocks.


OH MY GOD! Data has a new album out!

For those who aren't nerd enough, Brent Spiner will forever be known as Data on Star Trek: The Next Generation, but he is a bit of a crooner. He released an album back in the early-1990s, and his first acting gig after Star Trek was doing a couple of Broadway shows.

His new album is called "Dreamland," and he says it's not album so much as it is a "radio play/musical." Spiner is releasing it independently, and you can buy it straight from Spiner at his official website.

And, as is the case with every musical artist these days, you can hear a few tracks over at his MySpace page.


And for those who wonder what happens when my work and my hobbies collide, check this out.

The brand-new Athabasca Regional Multiplex opened up around two weeks ago. And because I love playing with my digital camera, I went up there and took a few photos and posted them on my Facebook page.

A couple hours later, I get an e-mail from head office. "Hey, those are real nice. How about putting them on the station website?" And I said, "Sure!"

So swing by www.fox850.ca and check out my virtual tour of the Athabasca Regional Multiplex.

No comments: