Just forget the words and sing along

Friday, March 19, 2010

Animation Bits and Bites

A few bits of animated movie news came across my desk today that I feel i need to share.

First up, we've got our first trailer for Megamind:





I've blogged about this one quite a bit. I'm drawn to it for two reasons:

1) Superheroes in animation. I love them and I want to see more of them.

2) Written and produced by Ben Stiller. Stiller's usually pretty solid when he's behind the camera.

Anyway, November is when it hits theatres, and it might be the first DreamWorks movie I actually go to the theatre and see since Shrek 2.




Next up, we've got another train pulling into the remake station. One of my favourite directors, Tim Burton, is apparently sniffing around, and exploring the possibility of doing a new movie version of The Addams Family.

Burton hopes to do it with stop-motion animation, in the same vein as his other hits The Nightmare Before Christmas and Corpse Bride. Burton already has another stop-motion animated film in production, a feature-length version of his 1984 live-action short film Frankenweenie. It's due out in 2011.

The only thing is, with Burton doing The Addams Family, you just know Johnny Depp is going to be Gomez and Helena Bonham Carter is going to be Morticia.

No comments: