Just forget the words and sing along

Wednesday, May 07, 2003

Let me tell you a little secret.

One of my favourite things to do is to go to McDonald's, buy a cheeseburger, sit by a window and watch the world go by. I'm sure if I were a "socially responsible human being" and not "fascinated by the whole bright colourful kid world thing" as Chuck put it once, McDonald's would be replaced by a Mom-and-Pop coffee bar and the cheeseburger would be replaced with a cup of herbal tea that was organically grown in the back room. I was a socially responsible human being once, but I gave up because the world kept kicking me in the ass for being one.

In somewhat related news, the Stony Plain Liberal Association no longer exists because the new management never filed the proper year end paperwork.

Speaking of politics, I'm fascitnated by this story going on in Japan right now. One of the prefectures recently had a byelection, and a masked wrestler ran for office. He wore his mask all throughout his campaign, and vowed to continue wearing it if elected. Well, he got elected, and now he's wearing the mask into the prefecture's council chambers. The rest of the prefectural council is not impressed by this lack of professionalism and is starting to forge legeslation to force him to take off his mask.

Huh.

No comments: