Just forget the words and sing along

Monday, September 15, 2003

My father is baffled by the fact that I've been gaining weight since I returned to Canada. I say it's quite obvious when you realize that it's been a long time since I've been this close to a well stocked kitchen, and the fact that walking is no longer my primary mode of transportation.

In a related story, ever try BBQ sauce on a Pizza Pop? Delicious!

Let's move outside. I'm starting to put together a shopping list of what to put in my GeoCache. I think I've mentioned this sport before. It's where you put some stuff in an old coffee can, put it out in the middle of the wilderness, and then put the geographic coordinates on the Internet. Then, people around the world punch those coordinates into their GPS units and go hunting for your buried treasure. After I check out the ones near my house, I figure I want to plant one or two in the area. I've already scouted a few locations in the nearby provincial park, and my Dad knows some great, remote locations on forgotten roads to abandoned gas plants. Anyway, here's what I'm thinking will make great buried treasure:

- The requisite log book. See, how a GeoCache works is, when you find it, you take something, leave something behind, and put all this info (along with your name and the date you found it) in the log book. Need a log book, then.
- A red devil fish hook. When I first started thinking about doing this, first thing I thought was, "A fish hook! Perfect!"
- A disposable camera, along with instructions for the person who finds the cache to take their picture for me, the cache administrator.
- Gift certificates. To which store? I know not. It's still in committee.
- A travel bug. This is a new spin-off sport. They travel from GeoCache to GeoCache, and you track their movements online.

This is still a work in progress. I still want to find an existing GeoCache, just to find out more about what goes in to one of these.

Next issue...Looking for Buried Treasure!

No comments: