Just forget the words and sing along

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

I was so busy talking about The Lord of the Rings that I forgot to brag about the new addition to my collectable action figure collection.

I'm starting to find that one of the best places to get action figures is The Real Canadian Superstore. Especially when it comes to Star Wars. I don't know why, but Star Wars action figures don't move too well from Superstore, meaning you've got a great chance of getting something obscure from them. It's where I found my Darth Vader.

Now, some of the coolest action figures I'd read about were the Star Wars: Clone Wars figures. These figures were from the series of short cartoons done by Genndy Tartakovsky for the Cartoon Network. Now, for mainstream release, they did the central characters, only "literalized" them. That is, they made them look like real people so they'd look in place next to your existing collection of Luke Skywalkers and Darth Mauls. But, for Target Stores in the USA, they did a store exclusive collection of the Star Wars: Clone Wars figures as they appear in their animated style. Very cool. But they were Target Store exclusives, and there are no Targets in Canada.

So how Superstore started carrying them, I don't know. But, back in October or so, I saw the animated style Star Wars: Clone Wars figures in Superstore. But, they only had Count Dooku and (Clone Wars mercenary) Durge in their animated digs. "Cool, but not what I'm after," I thought to myself. "Now, if they had the animated version of Mace Windu, or main Clone Wars villain Asajj Ventress, well then, now we're talking!"

Time passed, and the shelves were always clogged with Count Dooku and Durge.

Until today.

Today, I was browsing through Superstore, and they had *everybody* in the animated style Clone Wars series. Animated Obi-Wan, Anakin, Clone Troopers, and, of course, Dooku and Durge. Got me the last Mace Windu and Asajj Ventress on the shelves! And damn, they look cool.

Next Issue...The Hunt Resumes

No comments: