Just forget the words and sing along

Monday, May 03, 2010

New YouTube Video! The Shriner's Parade!

I've kind of stopped doing YouTube videos for a while. Many event organizers started worrying about what kind of litigation they might face should I accidentally film someone who didn't want to be filmed, or post an interview of someone who didn't want to be interviewed. It got to the point where, when I showed up at an event with camera in hand, I'd be pulled aside and given a 20-minute lecture about what I could and couldn't film. They just weren't worth the hassle anymore.

But in the past few weeks, I've been getting a few e-mails. I've been running into folks on the street -- people who've just moved to Athabasca -- who go, "Dude! You're videos are AWESOME! They make this town look so great! That's why I moved here!"

So, the residents of Athabasca are afraid they're going to get sued over these. People outside Athabasca think I make the town look so awesome and so cool they just have to get here.

So, while I try to figure out where to go from here, I've thrown together another one. Athabasca just had a Shriner's Parade. Nothing fancy, no libelous interviews, just me filming the parade. Enjoy!

No comments: