Just forget the words and sing along

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Couple Days Off - 75 Seconds

Once upon a time, a long time ago, I was just a little boy in Entwistle who dreamed of being on the radio.

And then, in 1990, at the tender age of 13, I heard a song on the radio that I instantly fell in love:  Couple Days Off by Huey Lewis and the News.







Back then, I was already widely familiar with the radio tradition of "the Friday Morning Song."  It's some tune that the morning jocks play during their show to celebrate the arrival of the weekend.  "Bang On The Drum All Day" is a popular one, but when I first heard "Couple Days Off," I vowed that, some day, if I were ever on the radio, it would be my Friday Morning Song.

Back in the fall, I decided to make it happen.  I noticed that most of the Friday Morning Songs I heard tended to be around 75 seconds in length, so my first step was to edit Couple Days Off down to 75 seconds.

And I did so magnificently.



Couple Days Off 75 Seconds by Mark Cappis



Seriously. I have no right to be as proud of this as I am.  I sincerely believe this is the best bit of music editing I've ever done.

And that's as far as I've gotten on my Friday Morning Song project.

Most Friday morning songs you hear are filled with all kinds of clips from the best in pop culture.  That's why I focused mostly on the instrumental bits when I edited it down to 75 seconds...lots of room for clips.  But I just can't find enough clips I like to fill it.

So, until then, I have to continue being massively proud of my editing job.  

No comments: