Just forget the words and sing along

Wednesday, August 01, 2012

New Skyfall Trailer!

In case you haven't heard, 2012 marks the 50th anniversary of the James Bond film franchise.  Such a milestone must be marked.

I look back and try to remember my first exposure to James Bond.  I think it was seeing Roger Moore on an episode of The Muppet Show.  They did a massive James Bond spoof, and I was instantly enamored.  Later that week, we were renting movies, and my brother and I begged our parents to rent us a James Bond film.  My Mom wouldn't let us get the infamously-titled Octopussy, so we had to settle for the unofficial Never Say Never Again.

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything.  All I want to do is blog about the new trailer for the latest Bond film, Skyfall, and I'm avoiding my usual preamble because I pretty much covered everything when I blogged about the first trailer a few months ago.

Anyway....TRAILER!!




Looking good!  I love how this looks.  Just some flat-out action.  We're starting to get more glimpses of the plot, too.

I'm also looking forward to this because, along with a new movie, we're also going to get the latest round of DVD and Blu-Ray re-releases of the films.  I complained a year ago that I seem to have worn out my copy of The Spy Who Loved Me...something I didn't think possible with a DVD.  So I'm looking forward to getting a replacement.

Of course, if I had money to burn, I'd probably get Bond 50...a gigantic boxed set of every James Bond film, along with a disc of new bonus features to commemorate the 50th anniversary.  And yes, they just announced, the box is designed to have an empty slot for the eventual DVD release of Skyfall.

Skyfall hits theatres on November 8.

No comments: