Just forget the words and sing along

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

News from Markworld: December 2013

As has become my way, I'm blogging my annual Christmas card letter, for those who have drifted away, and may be googling my name some night, wondering whatever became of me. 

News from Markworld: The Chaos in a Box Newsletter

Good day!

Happy holidays from Mark Cappis!  Just taking a moment to slip a little friendly form letter into this Christmas card to let you know what happened to me in 2013.

Well, you’ve probably discovered the big thing by now.  You’ve probably looked at the return address and thought, “Hey, this didn’t come from Athabasca!  Mark moved!”  You are correct.  I am now in the Town of Westlock, serving as the afternoon host and assistant music director of 97.9 the Range.  Almost a year ago, the Company offered me the transfer to Westlock.  I was feeling ready for a new challenge, so I took the move.

For those not familiar with radio jobs, “music director” is the person at a radio station who actually picks the music that a station plays.  So it’s more duty and responsibility.  But, I’m still on the radio, and with added bonus of no longer having to be up at 4AM.

Other than that, it was a rather eventful year.  It was full of tragedy both large (my Opa passed away back at the start of summer) and small (hit a deer with my car).  It was full of victories both large (after being out of college for 14 years, finally got my student loans paid off) and small (used the leftover cash to finally get a hi-definition television). 

You’ll forgive me if I keep this brief.  Sitting down to pen this letter has been the #1 reason for me procrastinating and not getting my Christmas cards sent out, so I’ve taken a whole, “Let’s just get it done” attitude towards this.  As always, if you want more info about me and what I’m up to, my online foot print is far too large.  Google my name and the top three links that come up are my various blogs from over the years.  But to recap:

Main website:  www.chaosinabox.com
Blog:  chaosinabox.blogspot.com
Twitter:  @chaosinabox
Facebook:  facebook.com/chaosinabox
Podcast:  chaosinabox.com/podcast


And that’s my year in review.  I hope 2013 was good to you, and that 2014 will be even better.

Onwards and upwards!


Mark Cappis

No comments: