Just forget the words and sing along

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Nerding Out Over the Comic Con Trailers

Alrightie, with the San Diego Comic Con this past weekend, there's been a ton of new trailers released, and these are the ones I feel like blogging about!

First up, Wonder Woman!


My thoughts:  Finally!  Been craving a Wonder Woman movie for so long!  I mean, Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman are the Big 3 of DC Comics.  The fact that this trinity has gone incomplete on the big screen for so long is blasphemous!  Hopefully, Gal Gadot will able to pull this off in the lead.  I mean, as awesome as she was in Batman v Superman, we got to see so little.  So, I'm hoping she can build on that.  Chris Pine looks like he's going to be a pretty good Steve Trevor, and I'm sure he'll bring the same amount of cockiness to the role that he brings to Captain Kirk.  The World War I setting intrigues me, as Wonder Woman was born in World War II.  Since I love it when superhero films are done as period pieces, I'm curious to see what the World War I setting brings to the table.  Colour me excited!

Next up, Justice League!


My thoughts:  Zack Snyder is back directing, and he assures us that he learned his lesson from Batman v Superman and he'll be lightening the mood this time out.  It's already showing in this trailer.  I'm really diggin' the scenes with Ezra Miller as the Flash.  As The Flash is one of my favourite TV shows right now, I can see Miller's doing a lot of things similar to Grant Gustin on TV.  What he's going to do differently, we'll have to wait for the movie.  Looks like much like the cartoon, the Flash is going to be the jokester in the League.  "Arthur Curry.  I hear you talk to fish."  Trademark "Ben Affleck smartass" smile.  I love it.  Hopes got a little bit higher.

Pallet cleanser from the superhero films:  Kong:  Skull Island!


My thoughts:  When this was announced a couple years ago, people were like, "Really?  Another King Kong remake?"  But, my excitement has gone up a bit when it was announced this is now in the same cinematic universe as 2014's Godzilla reboot, and they're setting up Kong vs. Godzilla for 2020.  Based on that, I see they've really increased Kong's size in this film.  I think they're skipping the New York stuff altogether, and this is mostly going to be on Skull Island.  My curiosity is piqued.

Across the street to Marvel:  Doctor Strange!


My thoughts:  Marvel can do no wrong at this point.  Might be worth spending the extra money to see it in 3D because I'm sure of those visuals are going to look trippy as hell. 

No comments: