Just forget the words and sing along

Sunday, June 20, 2004

So, one of my classmates got a job doing remotes for an Edmonton radio station this summer. I managed to catch her doing her thing on the air today.

Was it wrong for me to laugh my ass off because I think she did a really crappy job?

Anywho, latest column's up! This week's offering: The More Human Way to Travel:

"When did rail travel begin to die in Canada? I know, this is a question I’ve pondered many times, but it’s on my mind again today. It’s Father’s Day, and my Dad requested that we go some place that we hadn’t been in a long time: the Alberta Railway Museum. It’s a magical place, with dozens of restored rail cars and locomotives. And, on bright sunny weekends like this one, they fire up some of their restored locomotives and give train rides. Nothing fancy, mind you. CN has yet to give them permission to use the adjoining main line. So, they just go back and forth on their little strip of rail. When my family first visited the museum some 18 years ago or so, we were told that part of their long-term goals was to build a complete rail loop to have their trains running full time. 18 years later, and it’s still a long-term goal."

Extree! Extree! Read all about it!

Next Issue...War With the Cat

No comments: