Just forget the words and sing along

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Latest column's up! This week, I experience Frustation & Disappointment:

"Things were not going as planned. I sat and stared at my computer screen as power mysteriously stopped. Once again, my laptop had shut itself down halfway through a virus scan. This was the seventh time in as many weeks. Throw into that a general shitty week, followed by a weekend of introspection and the general grumbling of how I’m not where I intended to be in my life. I stared at the four bare walls of my apartment. I knew that if I didn’t get out, and soon, I would go mad. In previous years, I would go for a walk around the block or ride my bike aimlessly around town. But now, I have a car. With a full tank of gas. I jumped behind the wheel and set off down the road. I tried to fool myself by telling myself I had no idea where I was going, but I knew."

As always, here's the whole thing.


What I wanted to do today: Write the long-awaited part 2 of my Studio Ghibli trip, spurce up the resume, write cover letters, and get a whole stack of applications ready to mail out tomorrow.

Of course, I got none of this done.

I am a horrible, horrible person. I am going straight to unemployed hell, "where I'll do what all unemployed people do - write a book!"


One of my new favourite time-wasters if the online encyclopedia Wikipedia. It's full of useless information. Like this one....

Next time your ultra-conservative friend is bitching that there's been no Prime Ministers from the west, you can tell him/her to shut the hell up, because we've had
eight! They were:

Sir John A. MacDonald (spent one term as the MP from Victoria, BC)
Arther Meighen (Portage La Prarie, Manitoba)
William Lyon McKenzie King (spent 1/3 his reign as the MP from Prince Albert, Saskatchewan)
Richard Bennet (Calgary West)
John Diefenbaker (Prince Albert, Saskatchewan)
Joe Clark (Yellowhead, Alberta)
John Turner (Vancouver Quadra, BC)
Kim Campbell (Vancouver Centre, BC)

Granted, your friend will probably bitch that 8 out of 21 isn't enough.

No comments: