Just forget the words and sing along

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Saturday Night's Alright for Blogging

It was Comedy Night in Athabasca last night. The town rec department brought in some top-notch stand-up comics. And, I witnessed, the best unexpected reaction to a stand-up comic ever.

The comic was ripping on the restaurant chain Moxie's....

Stand-up>> Is there a Moxie's here in Athabasca?

And the crowd burst into uproarious laughter.

Biggest laugh the guy got all night.

He was quite visibly stunned.




And I have to highlight this, because I don't think I'll be able to go, and I really want to.

On Monday, November 26, the Scotiabank Theatre in West Edmonton Mall (the theatre formerly known as Silver City), will be having a one-time showing of the Beatles' second movie, Help!

This is, of course, because Help! has been all beautifully digitally restored and re-released on DVD, so why not celebrate by putting it back in theatres for one night only?

But yeah. i would so dearly love to go, but I have to be at work at 5AM the next morning, and I probably wouldn't get home until 11.

but it would be so cool to go...

No comments: