Just forget the words and sing along

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Didn't get quite as much work done today as I wanted to, but I have a very good reason.

Right after lunch, as I was getting ready to work, I was flipping around the channels and noticed that A Hard Day's Night was on TV. Naturally, I had to sit and watch it.

For those who don't know, A Hard Day's Night was the first movie from the Beatles. It was high on my list of "classics I really want to see." The plot is incredibly simple: a day in the life of the Beatles. But what a day it is! They just hang out, cause mischeif, harrass the authority figures (namely their road managers), and try to keep Paul McCartney's trouble-making grandfather out of trouble. Actually, that trouble-making gradfather has all the best lines.

All I can say is this movie is insane. And I mean that in the best possible way. There's lots of great sight gags, lots of great wordplay, and a whole lot of that dry British wit. And, a bunch of kick-ass Beatles songs.

I highly recommend this film. A Hard Day's Night rocks hard.


I need your help.

I'm trying to figure out if this line is too filthy for my "favourite quotes of the month" in my News From Markworld:

"Eww! That's the one place where you want them to have hair!" - A man's reaction to a bald-headed stripper, on the new cartoon American Dad.

No comments: