Just forget the words and sing along

Sunday, May 22, 2005

I got one this week! This week's column is called Melon Soda:

"The other day, I went by the Asian supermarket in West Edmonton Mall and I treated myself to a bottle of melon soda. I got hooked on this stuff when I was in Japan. It’s a soft drink, a deep green in colour, and it tastes like a honeydew melon. Or a cantaloupe. A melon of some kind, hence the name. I cracked open the bottle and took a whiff. Perhaps what I’ve missed the most was the smell. It smells sticky-sweet, but in an artificial way. It smells smooth and plastic. The odour brings to mind a strange mixture of chemicals that no one in their right mind would take into their body. But it is a sweet scent nonetheless, one that simply demands you drink it. And that’s exactly what I did, and the flavour brought back a flood of memories of hanging out with my coworkers after work in a Kumagaya Italian restaurant."

As always, click here to read it all!


Oh, and I'd like to thank Wikipedia for finally clearing this up for me:

First base - Kissing, especially "French" kissing.

Second base - Fondling or groping, especially of the breasts or genitals.

Third base - Depending on the speaker, either full nudity or a non-intercourse orgasm (especially when resulting from oral sex)

Home run (or "Hitting it out of the park", etc.; sometimes "Fourth Base") - Sexual intercourse.

No comments: