Just forget the words and sing along

Monday, July 24, 2006

Just saw Clerks II

So I just got home from Clerks II. Yeah, you heard me right. One of my co-workers talked me into going right after work today. I didn't need much convincing.

Now, what can I say about Clerks II? What can I say about the one movie I've been looking forward to ever since it went into production?

All I can say is...wow.

I always thought Chasing Amy was Kevin Smith's best. This is at least as good as Chasing Amy.

When I was hunting for my first job in radio, I'd often tell people that I was at a point where I didn't want a job anymore, I wanted a career. Clerks II is very much about being at that point in your life.

So maybe because I'm at that point, I identified with Randal and Dante's struggles a little more. I already know exactly what some of you are going to say: it's cliched and hokey in some parts.

But I throughoughly and completely loved it. And it's funny as hell.

4 Nibs all the way.

"I talked to my pastor about this, and he said that machines turning into robots aren't blasphemous. You know...cuz God created Man, and Man created Transformers...so, Transformers are like a gift from God."

"Oh, shut the fuck up, Go-Bot!"

I'm gonna go write a full review now.

No comments: