Just forget the words and sing along

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Belinda

Ya know, as much as I love to follow politics, I hate talking about politics. No matter how well prepared I am for a debate, I find I get flustered quite easily, and all my brillaint arguments escape.

That being said...there was something in Ottawa today that I just want to give my two cents on.

You've probably heard this by now. Belinda Stronach is leaving politics. She will not be seeking re-election at the end of her current term, and is going back to the family business.

Now, I'm one of the few west of Ontario that believes that Belinda Stronach really got screwed over by the press. In every interview with her that I saw, she always came across as quite intelligent and, unlike a lot of other MPs, actually knew what she was talking about. It came as no surprise to me that she crossed the floor and joined the Liberals...in all those interviews I saw, she always did seem kind of Liberal.

Did she get screwed over just because she was a woman? Hell yes. In her early days, the only reason why she was comapred to Paris Hilton was just cuz she came from money. And despite all the outrage towards her defection from the Tories to the Liberals, it wasn't as two-faced or opportunistic as some others I can think of.

As far as I'm concerned, we lost a good MP today. Wow, I can't believe she was in office for just 3 years.

No comments: