Just forget the words and sing along

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Got the family home for Thanksgiving, of course, and since Saturday is always a dull night for TV, my mother turned to my nephew and said, "Well, why don't we watch one of Uncle Mark's DVDs? You can choose it."

So, you can imagine my pride (and the horrified look on my mother's face), when my nephew passed over all my Disney animated stuff and, with a twinkle in his eye, he chose....

Ghostbusters

I have taught him well.

Turns out his interest is building. Halloween's on the horizon, and Halloween is the only time of the year that TeleToon dusts off their reruns of The Real Ghostbusters. My nephew only knows about Ghostbusters from these annual reruns, and TeleToon is starting to hype up that they're doing it again this year.

So, my nephew chose Ghostbusters to get an early start.

Although, I did kind of hope he'd choose Star Wars, seeing as to how earlier in the day I chided his father (my brother) for not letting him watch it yet.

Speaking of Star Wars, here's an interesting bit. Next time Episode I is re-released on DVD or in theatres or whatever, you'll notice something odd about Yoda. That's because the puppet Yoda has been completely replaced with a CGI Yoda. Prequel trilogy animation director Rob Coleman revealed this in a recent interview plugging the Episode III DVD. He says that they did it between work on Episode II and Episode III, and that it was essentially their warm-up to Episode III.

And, he did assure us, that they have absolutly no intention of upgrading Yoda to a digital model in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

No comments: