Just forget the words and sing along

Monday, November 21, 2005

Well, I'm back from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I rather enjoyed it. 3 Nibs. Full review coming later.

Although, I must say, that I am now more than ever interested in reading the books. About 5 years ago, when I first heard about The Philosopher's Stone coming to the big screen, Goblet of Fire had just come out, and people were marveling at this "kids book" with over 600 pages. With Hollywood starting to adapt Harry Potter, the one question on everyone's mind was, "With over 600 pages, how the hell are the going to adapt Goblet of Fire?" Several people - including Steve Kloves, the screenwriter for all the films - were lobbying that Goblet of Fire be divided into two films. But, ultimatly, Warner Brothers said no, and firmly asserted that one book makes one movie.

So, I've got to read the book now, just to know what all was cut.

No comments: