Just forget the words and sing along

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I set a new record today. The shortest amount of time between applying for a job and being rejected for a job. I applied for a writer's gig and, exactly 10 minutes after I e-mailed off my application, I got the rejection letter in my inbox.

That was kind of bummer. That, and, the zipper's shot on my parka. It's falling apart anyway. Besides being shot, the zipper itself is actually about to fall off and I've got holes in my pockets. I'll probably go by a new one tomorrow.

So, to cheer myself up, I've been re-living past glories...surfing by the websites for NAIT and Augustana. Sometimes, it seems like the only thing I've ever been able to succeed at is slapping right answers on tests. In these months of unemployment, I've seriously considered going back to school. For what? It doesn't matter. Just cuz I want to be able to succeed at something again.

I was actually quite tickled at the Augustana website. That was the biggest list of clubs I'd seen in a long time. And I was happy to see that the anime club is still in existence. I wasn't a founder of the anime club, but I was a member in its inaugural year. Heh...I wonder if they still have a supreme-dictator-for-life.

See, back in my day at Augustana, it was in the student association bylaws that clubs needed five executives. So, for the anime club, their 5 executives were: president, vice president, treasurer, secretary, and supreme dictator for life. That was funny.

I always wanted to start a club at Augustana. I had wacky ideas for clubs. Everything from a club dedicated to staging phony accidents for America's Funniest Home Videos to "the CLCR Fan Club." That's right, a club dedicated to promoting the radio station.

In retrospect, I think I should have formed a normal club...you know, like a movie club.

Maybe the next time.

Anyway, I have to rest up for a fun, full day of parka shopping. Oh, and I need a new colour cartridge for my printer, too....

No comments: