Just forget the words and sing along

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Wow

"I'm one of those guys who, when he learns something new, just has to learn EVERYTHING about it. So I read up on the Mall, and I find that it actually divided Edmonton. Edmonton used to have this really vibrant downtown, and then all the businesses got sucked to the west end, and I started thinking, 'Wow. Edmonton is a town divided. It's a town divided by a mall.' I figure that there's a movie in that some where. Then I remembered the last movie I made about a mall. Didn't go over so well."

And thus began my evening with Kevin Smith. Of course, that was just the end of a half-hour tale about his impressions of Edmonton, which was used to kick off the show.

All I can say is that seeing Kevin Smith live was truly one of the greatest experiences I've ever had.

And now, I'd love to rant more about, but I've got to be up in 4 hours to go sump sampling.

No comments: