Just forget the words and sing along

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

DVD News for You

For the past few days, I've wanted to blog about special editions and extended cuts and the crime of double dipping, but I haven't, because it's going to be a long one, and I don't feel like sitting at the keyboard for that long.

Instead, I'm going to tell you that one of my favourite dead TV shows from the past year will be coming out on DVD. On October 16, you'll be able to pick up Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip: The Complete Series. All 22 episodes on 6 discs. For bonus stuff, sadly, all you get is a documentary on the series, and a running commentary by series creator Aaron Sorkin on just the pilot episode.

Yeah, the show wasn't bang-zoom-spectacular, but it was still better than most of the other crap out there. I loved it.

And here's another bit of DVD news. Remember a few days ago I blogged that Disney has officially stopped making straight-to-DVD sequels to their animated classics? Well, the division that makes straight-to-DVD films hasn't been shut down completely. They'll still be making ORIGINAL straight-to-DVD films.

Original straight-to-DVD animated movies I can get behind. I have and enjoy both of the Hellboy animated movies, and I'm really looking forward to the PG-13 rated Superman straight-to-DVD animated film coming out this fall.

I can get behind any original idea, as long as the end product is good.

No comments: