Just forget the words and sing along

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Cross-border Shopping

I love merchandise!

I just can't help it. I love crazy stuff with a logo on it that makes me feel like I'm a part of something.

The bad news about that in the past has been that most of it comes from online stores based in the USA, and all prices in the Yankee dollar.

but now, thanks to the Canadian dollar actually out performing the American dollar, I can't help but check out all these online stores and be all like, "Hmm...now's the time."

Some of the crazy stuff I'm thinking about buying online now, finally, after staring at it online for years.

Protective cases for my Star Wars action figures. I've been looking at these online for a while now, and I think getting a batch of them for my guys would be fabulous.

An Autographed Chasing Amy Poster. Nothing says "I went to college in the 90s" like a poster for an independent film. And why not get one from my favourite Kevin Smith movie? In fact, why not get one autographed by the man himself? I'll admit, this is one online store where I've done a lot of window shopping.

But the one I keep coming back to over and over again is the Star Wars radio show. NPR, the USA's public radio network, actually took Star Wars and turned it into a radio play. It was actually one of the biggest-budgeted radio plays of all time. I would love to get my hands on this. The only time I've ever seen it on a store shelf was in Japan, where they had it for ¥120,000. I've never seen it at Chapters or any place like that, but lookie here, I can buy it online straight from the publisher.

Or, maybe I should keep it in the country and just start loading up on DVDs that I wanted for a long time. Amazon.ca has the complete Batman: the Animated Series for $140....

No comments: