Just forget the words and sing along

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Something I've Wanted to Do For a long time

So, I'm back home in Entwistle for Thanksgiving. And, while here, I did something I wanted to do for a long time.

I brought along my digital camera, and took photos of my action figure collection, so I can share!

The whole gallery is over in Facebook, but here's some highlights of the highlights.



Ah, Princess Leia in the gold bikini. Getting this one was the end of a year-long hunt...some would say, obsession.



Everyone's favourite expanded universe mercenary, Dash Rendar. It's fun reading about Shadows of the Empire and how it came to be. Lucasfilm wanted to know if there was money in the burgoning Expanded Universe. So the experiment they hatched was releasing a whole slew of movie merchandise...without a movie. We got a novelization, toys, a hit video game, even a soundtrack album...but no movie. And that was the whole point of Shadows of the Empire.



The Bride and Go Go from Kill Bill.




The ultra-rare Marvel Legends Dark Phoenix. I crapped my pants when I spotted this on the shelves at Wal-Mart.

That's also when I stopped buying action figure price guides. I realized that the only reason why I got this, and crapped my pants over it, was because the price guides were telling me how rare and priceless it was. Once I changed pants, I threw out the price guides and stopped buying the hype. I much more relaxed and clean-pantsed collector now.

Here's the whole gallery at Facebook

No comments: