Just forget the words and sing along

Wednesday, August 13, 2003

Well, in case you haven't noticed, I've been redesigning things a little. With my main site, Chaos In A Box back online, I tried to figure out what to do with this. So, welcome to Midnight Ramblings! Hopefully, this'll absorb all the rants I make pop culture things so the column can focus purly on writing. Pop culture ramblings like this one....

I've rented a couple animated flicks so I can catch up on what I missed while I was in Japan. Right now, I'm watching Ice Age. It's OK, but it's trying too hard to be Shrek. I also finally got The Animatrix. A mixed bag, to be sure, but nothing really stellar. I dunno, when it comes to animation for adults, it all looks like one of two things for me: 1) A pale imitation of Japanese anime-style, or 2) weak segments from the 1981 film Heavy Metal. It was all right, I guess.

And, of course, last night I wasted a good hour watching Smallville. You know, with that show, I find that the great deal of drama doesn't come from young Clark Kent's angst as he pines for Lana Lang and comes to term with his powers. No, it comes from Lex Luthor's slow, almost painfully slow, decent to the dark side. A snide comment from his father here, a heartbreak there, it's all adding up.

Next issue...The JubJub Strikes!

No comments: