Just forget the words and sing along

Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Just a lazy Tuesday afternoon. Wasting time instead of doing something productive, like finding an apartment. That's just how I operate. The more important something is, the more I put it off.

Anyway, I've been begging for donations at my website for a couple of weeks now, and still nothing. So, I'm wondering what I can do to illicit donations. My logic right now is that, maybe people will feel more compelled to give if I give them a discernable goal rather than simply, "Like this column? Leave a tip!" So what's a noble goal? I arrived at one last night.

I am a Trekkie. A year ago, before I left for Japan, Paramount just started with the big boxed sets of Star Trek: The Next Generation. I bought season 1 and 2 before I left, and my original plan was to buy season 3 - 7 and ship them to my parents, so they would be waiting for me in Canada upon my return. But, I started exploring Japan instead of buying DVDs, and at $100/boxed set, I thought it was more important I take another trip into Tokyo. But that didn't get me seasons 3-7. I'm back home now, and my savings are slowly being drained for my back-to-school effort this fall. So how can I get the remaining 5 seasons of Star Trek: The Next Generation? I'll beg for the money on my website, of course!

The goal: $500 to purchase the remaining 5 seasons of Star Trek: The Next Generation. All excess money will go to purchasing the boxed sets of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Any and all contributions are welcome.










And now, back to work!

Next issue...Trouble's New Ninth Roommate

No comments: