Welcome to Monday! A brand new week, full of brand new adventures! But of course, I had a few lovely adventures on the weekend as well. It was a weekend fully taking advantage of bargains! You know how much I love my fast food, right? And while I do find getting a whole bunch of junk mail to be very annoying, I always think it's cool when the new batch of fast food coupons comes in. And it seemed like I got all of the autumn fast food coupons last week. So on the weekend, nothing but cheap fast food. A half-price Baconator at Wendy's, a $10 teen burger combo at A&W...all the deals! I wish these outfits would do like McDonald's. McDonald's has it set so all the coupons load up on their app. Just go to the self-order thingie, scan the coupon, and bam! Nice and easy. But anyway. I had a nice cheat weekend of cheap fast food, and now it's on to another week of healthy eating.
I was thinking about this when I was out grocery shopping the other day. There I am, I'm in the breakfast aisle, looking over all the different kinds of pancake mixes and pancake syrups. I don't make pancakes for breakfast. I'm just too lazy. I did that for my staycation a few years ago. Bought a box of pancake mix, had pancakes for breakfast every morning. And I've still got about a cup of pancake mix left in my cupboard from that adventures. I really should throw it out. Anyway. I was looking at the breakfast stuff, and I got to thinking. While we all love our maple syrup, I remembered they used to make fruit syrups. Blueberry syrup and raspberry syrup and peach syrup. The brand name was Summerland Sweets. I haven't seen this Summerland Sweets fruit syrup in ages. I got to wondering if they still make it. Luckily, in this day and age, we have the Internet. So I googled it, and yes, they still make Summerland Sweets. It's mostly only available in BC now, and its availability here in Alberta is very limited. And the best part: yes, you can buy it online, straight from the factory in BC. So once payday rolls around, I think I just may buy myself a bottle of their blueberry syrup. Going to have to do what I threaten to do every Canada Day: put some in a hip flask and take it to the Canada Day pancake breakfast. But I want here from you today: what's an old product you were thrilled to find is still around? What's the one thing you loved from years ago that you haven't seen on store shelves in ages, but googled it and were able to find online? Text in and let me know!
And that's it for me, I'm done for the day. Thanks for hanging out with me on this lovely Monday morning. But before I go, I just want to take a moment to wish you all a happy National Eat a Hoagie Day!
So what exactly is a hoagie? According to my googling, a hoagie is just another name for a sub, but it's local to the city of Philadelphia. No one exactly knows the origin of the term, but it started becoming common by the 1960s, and in 1992, the hoagie was declared the official sandwich of Philadelphia. I would have gone with the Philly cheesesteak, but that's just me. It's been ages since I've had a good Philly cheesesteak. There used to be a place in the West Edmonton Mall food court that made authentic Philly cheesesteaks, but I'm sure that most sandwich shops can do a pretty good job. So happy National Eat a Hoagie Day! And whatever day you're celebrating today, I hope you have a good one.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment