Monday has arrived! Welcome to the brand new week. And I tell you, there’s no denying it. Fall is now in full swing. How do I know? At my apartment building, my parking spot is right under the trees. And when I came out yesterday morning, my car was so completely covered in leaves, that I had to dig out my snowbrush and brush them all off before I hit the road. That’s not too bad. But sometimes, we get a little bit of frost, too, and then the leaves stick to my car. So I’ve got to wait for things to warm up a little before they come off. And then when they do come off, I’ve got all these leaf-prints all over my car. So I’m going to have to put up with that for the next few weeks. But it’s OK. You’ve got to admit the autumn leaves are very pretty, so it makes for a wonderful drive. I just don’t want to take the leaves with me. But anyway. Looks like we’re going to have lovely autumn weather this week, so brace yourself for more leaves.
I was wracking my brain for a topic for today. I was sitting at my desk, reading articles, trying to figure out something, when I saw this for a potential Hit It and Quiz It questions. Twenty five percent of people worry that they’ll never find a hobby. Really? That a lot of people! Well, we need hobbies. They help us relax. But sometimes, we realize that a hobby just isn’t right for us. So that’s my texting takeover for today. I want to hear from you what’s a hobby that you tried and decided just wasn’t for you? I mean, I’ve got a few. One is geocaching. Have you heard of geocaching? It’s searching for buried treasure in the modern age. You go to the geocaching website, you get the latitude and longitude of your buried treasure, and then you go look for it. When you find it, you take something and then leave something behind, and write in the log book when you visited. I first read about, I thought it was cool, I visited a few, but...I don’t know, man. It just didn’t hold my attention long enough. I keep saying I’ll go out hunting this weekend, but I never get around to it. Anyway. I want to hear from you today. What’s a hobby you tried and decided just wasn’t for you?
And that’s it for me, I’m done for the day. Thanks for hanging out with me on this lovely Monday morning. But before I go, I just want to take a moment to wish you all a happy National Good Neighbour Day!
It’s been said in this day and age that we don’t take the time to get to know our neighbours anymore. I really should, living in an apartment building, when we’re all so close. But I do try to be a good neighbour. For example, there I was, a couple years ago, just at home, watching TV, and I got a knock on my door. My neighbour had just bought some new furniture on Amazon, and needed someone to help her carry it up the stairs. So I did. Just little acts of kindness like that are all it takes to be a good neighbour. So happy National Good Neighbour Day, everyone! And whatever day you’re celebrating today, I hope you have a good one.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment