Monday is here! I hope you're ready for this brand new week. I know I am. I know I was telling you about this for a lot of last week. My car was due for an oil change. It still throws off with my car. Because you know, cars these days have a gauge that lets you know when it's time to change your oil. But, I've always been taught you change your oil every 5000 km. I hit 5000 km, but my gauge was still telling me that things were good. I decided to go get it done and stop worrying about it. And when I did that, it was time for a new pine tree air freshener! I do that whenever I get an oil change. I did not go with the pine tree air freshener this time. 7-11 had these Slurpee air fresheners, so I went with one of those instead. The pack says it's blue raspberry scented, but it actually smells more like grape popsicles and cotton candy. So I'm cruising around now in a candy-scented car. I am ready for whatever this new week might bring!
This is one of the surest signs of fall. No doubt you've noticed it. Halloween stuff is starting to show up on store shelves! Last week, I just had to go to Canadian Tire after work and check out the Halloween decorations. If I had a house, I would definitely be one of those guys with 10 foot skeletons out front at this time of year. And when I was picking up a few groceries last week, I couldn't help myself. I bought my first box of Halloween candy! I love peanut butter cups, right? And I saw the special Halloween shaped peanut butter cups. You know, they're shaped like ghosts and pumpkins and bats. I've got a candy dish on my desk, so that's what my dish is full of now, and they'll probably be gone by lunchtime. So, I want to hear from you today. When do you start buying Halloween candy? I mean, I've seen not Halloween candy specifically, but those mini-chocolate bars go on sale in August. The reasoning is it's for back to school, and you slip them in your lunches. And the problem is if you buy the Halloween candy too early, you'll snack on it too much, and you'll probably be buying three or four boxes between now and Halloween. So I want to hear from you today! When do you start buying Halloween candy? Text in and let me know!
And that's it for me, I'm done for the day. Thanks for hanging out with me on this lovely Monday morning. But before I go, I just want to take a moment to wish you all a happy National Chai Day!
As we learned from Spider-Man, Chai is tea, so we should stop saying Chai tea. All I know it is very tasty, and as a guy who enjoys a cup of tea instead of coffee, it is a great way to get you going in the morning. Of course, one of those popular ways to have chai out here in the west is the chai latte, which is available at most of your favourite coffee shops. And in fact, National Chai Day was invented to plug the Chai latte. So happy National Chai day, everyone! And whatever day you're celebrating today, I hope you have a good one.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment