Just forget the words and sing along

Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Show Notes: Sept. 24, 2026

Thursday is here, and the weekend draws ever closer. I am looking forward to it. I don’t have much planned for this weekend, but the two weekends after are going to be nuts, so this is going to be my last free weekend for a while. Prefect for relaxing and getting out there and enjoying this autumn weather. Man, it’s going to be gorgeous out there. It was gorgeous yesterday afternoon when I got my steps in. Had a little incident when I was getting my steps in. I’ve got a FitBit, right? And when I was starting out, the exercise plan that my trainer put me on was that I power walk for 2 minutes, and then I walk at my regular pace for minute. I constantly switch up my pace like that. And I figured out how to program my FitBit so a little alarm goes off when it’s time to switch up the pace. Well, early into my run, I accidentally paused my FitBit. So I forgot when to switch up the pace and power walked for a lot longer than I wanted to. Oh, well. I need to get a new FitBit. Mine is about 9 years old. The clock runs an hour fast. It doesn’t sync to my phone’s GPS anymore and draw the little map of where I went. So if you’re thinking about a Christmas present for me, new a FitBit would be nice.  


So back on Monday, for hit and quiz it, the question was 17 per cent of people have done this under the influence of alcohol. And the correct answer was online shopping. You know how it is, after a couple of bottles of wine, you just start going through Amazon clicking on “buy now,” and then the Amazon guy has a surprise package for you a few days later when you’re sober. Now after we did that question, I got a text from Amanda. Amanda felt like sharing her experience. She says she doesn’t drink, so she was sober when she did this. She got goofy when she was online, and she bought a life-sized cardboard cutout of Mr. Bean. She’s had him for 15 years now, and apparently works as a great home defense system. I can see that. Set him up in front of the front door, and people will think there’s always someone home. So inspired by Amanda here, I want to hear from you, what’s the craziest thing you bought online? Maybe you were under the influence. Maybe you were just in a goofy mood. But what’s the craziest thing you bought online? For me, it would have to be my microwave smores maker. You put your graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows in it, toss it in the microwave for 30 seconds, and you get a smore. So I want to hear from you today! What’s the craziest thing you bought online? Text in and let me know!  


And that’s it for me, I’m done for the day. Thanks for hanging out with me on this lovely Thursday morning. But before I go, I just want to take a moment to wish you all a happy National Cherries Jubilee Day! 

A screengrab from The Simpsons. Homer is pouring flaming cherries down his throat. Homer exclaims, "Cherries! Whoo! Jubilee!"

Ya know, I was struggling to find a clip for this one, and I just knew there would be a My Little Pony named Cherries Jubilee. One of the most famous of decadent desserts, cherries are cooking in a sweet sauce, and then mixed with a warm liqueur, usually brandy, and then set on fire! The burning cherries are then served over vanilla ice cream. History says it was invented in 1897 to mark Queen Vicotria’s diamond jubilee, and the Queen loved herself some cherries. So happy Cherries Jubilee Day, everyone! And whatever day you’re celebrating today, I hope you have a good one.  

No comments: