Just forget the words and sing along

Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Show Notes: Sept. 23, 2026

 Welcome to Wednesday, and I’m just shocked at how quickly things are moving. See, I tend to send a lot of greeting cards this year. My brother, my sister, and my brother-in-law all have their birthdays in the first week of October. And when I’m buying all these greeting cards, I can’t help but go, “Oh! That’s a cute Thanksgiving card. I think I’ll send that to my parents!” and also, “Wow! That’s a funny Halloween card! I’m going to send it to my friend.” So within the next month now, I think I’m going to be sending about a dozen cards. But maybe not! I was picking up a few things after work yesterday. And with all these cards on my mind, I started going through the greeting card section. We’re already halfway through September, and they’re already pushing out the Thanksgiving and Halloween cards to make way for the Christmas cards! I couldn’t believe it! With something like this going on, I might be sending my friends early Christmas cards instead. Anyway. That’s just one place. I’m sure some other places in town still have cards for other holidays than Christmas.  


It’s Would You Rather Wednesday on the texting takeover! I always  like to mix things up by giving you a would you rather question to ponder. Now that fall is in full swing, I was looking around for good autumn questions to ask you. And, since I’m a fat guy who likes to eat, when this one about food showed up on my list, I knew I had to go for it. Would you rather eat nothing but soup or pie for a month? Now, I know some have referred to fall as soup season, because with that chill in the air and all the fresh vegetables coming off your gardens, it’s perfect for brewing up a good bowl of soup. And because of all those fresh fruits coming off your gardens as well, it’s also a good season for fresh baked pie. I do love pumpkin pie, and again, it’s the pumpkin pie season. Ya know, I don’t think I’ve ever had a real pumpkin pie. I’ve only had pies with that canned filling from the store. But an actual pumpkin pie made of pumpkin? I’m curious to try one of those. So that’s my texting takeover on this would you rather Wednesday! Would you rather eat soup or pie for a whole month?  


And that’s it for me, I’m done for the day. Thanks for hanging out with me on this lovely Wednesday morning. But before I go, I just want to take a moment to wish you all a happy Redhead Appreciation Day! 

A screengrab from the Simpsons. Marge is talking to an offscreen interviewer. Marge says, "You just don't say no to the red headed stranger."


I love redheads. I kind of have to, because my sister’s one, and both of my nieces got her red hair. Science tells us that red is the rarest natural hair colour in the world, with only one to two percent of the global population having it. I don’t know why redheads became a people to be discriminated against. It goes back centuries, when people with red hair were thought to be witches. And all I can say is, cut that out! Celebrate the redheads in your life! So happy Readhead Appreciation Day, everyone! And whatever day you’re celebrating today, I hope you have a good one.  


No comments: